Position: 310T Mechanic | Location: Milton, ON (401 & James Snow Parkway)
Signing Bonus: $5,000!!!!
Company: MTB Transit Solutions is Canada’s leader in repairing and refurbishing transit buses and highway coaches. Founded in 1973, we operate from a 10-acre multi-facility property which spans over 100,000 sq. ft. of interior workspace in Milton, Ontario. We are proud that our success comes from the quality and commitment of our people. We offer a collaborative work environment where everyone contributes their ideas on working smarter and more efficiently on an ongoing basis. If you have a great work ethic, put your customers first and want to be challenged and grow with a dynamic team, then consider a career with MTB Transit Solutions.
Compensation: MTB Transit Solutions offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package and RRSP plan for full-time permanent employees.
Some great perks when you work at MTB:
- Vacation eligibility in first year
- Group RRSP eligibility after only 90 days (with employer matching contribution)
- Health and dental benefits eligible on first day
- Annual tool allowance of $1,000
- Annual boot allowance of $200
- 100% tuition reimbursement
- Paid annual MTO license renewal
- Summer flex hours – Friday shift ends at 12:30pm all summer
- Christmas break – Closed between Christmas and New Year’s Day
Regular maintenance and repair for entire bus fleets, plus fire, collision & repair and major refurbishments that dis-assemble and re-assemble buses. Responsible for diagnosing and carrying out any repairs for mechanical issues and problems discovered on transit buses and highway coaches. Problems include repairs and maintenance activities, inspection of individual equipment and mechanical assessments and electrical repairs.
- Determine extent of repairs required
- Adjust equipment and repair and/or replace defective parts
- Test and repair equipment for proper performance
- Repair or replace defective machinery parts
- Work in:
- Electrical and electronics
- Drive train
- Air Systems
- Experience as either a bus or truck mechanic
- Provide all necessary hand tools to perform repairs
- Experience performing MTO inspections and documenting deficiencies.
- Experience troubleshooting various problems with diagnostic equipment
- Knowledge of fleet maintenance practices and processes
- Ability to analyze bus problems and provide expertise in repairs and maintenance, including the use of electronic/diagnostic equipment
- Ability to carry out repair and service schedules, mandatory inspections and certifications.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, persistent, and flexible
- Canadian resident
- 310T Certification required with minimum of 3 years experience, with knowledge of bus and truck equipment
- Safety oriented mind-set
- Acute attention to detail
- Accountable, professional and an adaptable team player
- Ability to withstand long periods of standing and bending
- Ability to lift heavy equipment and materials, if required
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, if required
Working with MTB
We work out of a bright, clean, and modern shop full of state-of-the-art equipment. We have a great working environment that is non-unionized, with many long-term employees.
Some more details that you might want to know:
- Our facility is just off the Highway 401 in Milton – easy commuter access.
- Shifts are Monday to Friday from 6:30 AM – 3:30 PM – no nights or weekends!!!!
- Work indoors during cold winter months
- Innovative company. Participate in new electric (EV) bus conversion program
MTB values diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We are looking to hire and will be contacting qualified applicants within a few days.
Wage of $37-$42/hour
How to apply: Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org