Position: 310T Truck Coach Apprentice | Location: Milton, ON (401 & James Snow Parkway
Overview: Seeking an enthusiastic 310T Truck Coach Apprentice to join MTB’s team.
Company: MTB Transit Solutions (MTB) is Canada’s leader in repairing and refurbishing transit buses and highway coaches. Founded in 1973, we operate from a 10-acre multi-facility property which spans over 110,000 sq. ft. of interior workspace in Milton, Ontario. We are proud that our success comes from the quality and commitment of our people. We offer a collaborative work environment where everyone contributes their ideas on working smarter and more efficiently on an ongoing basis. If you have a great work ethic, put your customers first and want to be challenged and grow with a dynamic team, then consider a career with MTB.
Compensation: MTB offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. RRSP plan for full-time permanent employees, annual tool and boot allowance, uniforms, online training.
Some great perks when you work at MTB:
- Vacation eligibility in first year
- Group RRSP eligibility after only 90 days (with employer matching contribution)
- Health and dental benefits eligible on first day
- Annual tool allowance of $1,000
- Annual boot allowance of $200
- 100% tuition reimbursement
- Pay top up when on block release back to school
- Paid annual MTO license renewal
- Summer flex hours – Friday shift ends at 12:30pm all summer
- Christmas break – Closed between Christmas and New Year’s Day
Duties: MTB is looking for an Apprentice 310T Truck & Coach Technician with 2+ years of experience in the transportation industry. A collaborative but strong nature is essential, and the applicant’s background in parts and maintenance and the transportation industry will allow them to succeed and grow within MTB.
Responsibilities: In the position of Apprentice 310T Truck & Coach Technician your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Must adhere to MTB safety protocols.
- Effective open and frequent communication with Supervisor
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Perform all entry level tasks
- Ability to read and/or listen and understand information and ideas communicated
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong mechanical skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- The servicing of all company vehicles.
- Repair and service of city buses and highway coaches.
- Conduct vehicle maintenance according to established MTO policies and procedures.
- Follow and fill out PM paperwork
- Will also be required to clean the shop and perform general maintenance on shop equipment.
- Successful candidates will be mechanically inclined and possess a strong work ethic.
- Should possess a strong desire to learn and an ability to apply that knowledge during their daily duties.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment is key as well as working in a team environment.
- The applicant will be required to enrol in, and successfully complete, the 310T Apprenticeship program.
Working with MTB: We work out of a bright, clean, and modern shop full of state-of-the-art equipment. We have a great working environment that is non-unionized, with many long-term employees.
Some more details that you might want to know:
- Our facility is just off the Highway 401 in Milton – easy commuter access.
- Shifts are Monday to Friday from 6:30 AM – 3:30 PM – no nights or weekends!!!!
- Work indoors during cold winter months
- Innovative company. Participate in new electric (EV) bus conversion program
MTB values diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We are looking to hire and will be contacting qualified applicants within a few days.
Wage of $20-24/hour
How to apply: Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org