Position: Skilled Labourer | Location: Milton, ON (401 & James Snow Parkway)
Overview: Seeking an enthusiastic Skilled Labourer to join MTB’s team.
Company: MTB Transit Solutions is Canada’s leader in repairing and refurbishing transit buses and highway coaches. Founded in 1973, we operate from a 10-acre multi-facility property which spans over 100,000 sq. ft. of interior workspace in Milton, Ontario. We are proud that our success comes from the quality and commitment of our people. We offer a collaborative work environment where everyone contributes their ideas on working smarter and more efficiently on an ongoing basis. If you have a great work ethic, put your customers first and want to be challenged and grow with a dynamic team, then consider a career with MTB Transit Solutions.
Compensation: MTB Transit Solutions offers competitive compensation, annual bonus, comprehensive benefits package, RRSP plan and vacation time for full-time permanent employees.
As our new Skilled Labourer, you’ll never have a shortage of interesting and variable work. Whether you’re stripping down a highway coach or transit bus, fitting and installing windows, seats, and body panels, tearing out sub-floors and re-installing, installing lights, or floor heaters, you’ll be able to work in the areas where your strengths and interests are.
Experience isn’t necessary, as long as you’re flexible, willing to learn, and mechanically inclined.
Your tasks could include:
- Disassembling and re-assembling coach and transit buses
- Ability to cut and fit plywood floors
- Cutting and fitting rubber bus floor coverings
- Removing and installing bus passenger seats
- Fit and install aluminum trims, passenger grab handles, and passenger windows
- Fitting and installing various components on buses
- Using various hand and power tools, including metal brakes, metal shears, band saws, welders, torches, hammers, workshop press, chisels, table saws, and many others
- Experience working in an industrial environment
- Good mechanical aptitude or any type of construction, manufacturing, fabrication, and/or automotive body restoration experience
- Experience using a variety of tools, such as cutting wheels, shears, gauges, table saws, skill saws, and workshop presses
- Canadian resident
- Safety oriented mind-set
- Acute attention to detail
- Accountable, professional and an adaptable team player
- Ability to withstand long periods of standing and bending
- Ability to lift heavy equipment and materials, if required
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, if required
- Not afraid to get dirty
Working with MTB
We work out of a bright, clean, and modern shop full of state-of-the-art equipment. We have a great working environment that is non-unionized, with many long-term employees.
Some more details you might want to know:
- Our facility is just off the Highway 401 in Milton – easy commuter access.
- Shifts are Monday to Friday from 6:30 AM – 3:30 PM – no nights or weekends!!!!
- Work indoors during cold winter months
MTB values diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We are looking to hire and will be contacting qualified applicants within a few days of your application.
Wages: $20 – $24/hour