Position: General Labourer | Location: Milton, ON (401 & James Snow Parkway)
Overview: Seeking an enthusiastic General Labourer to join MTB’s team.
Company: MTB Transit Solutions is Canada’s leader in repairing and refurbishing transit buses and highway coaches. Founded in 1973, we operate from a 10-acre multi-facility property which spans over 100,000 sq. ft. of interior work space in Milton, Ontario. We are proud that our success comes from the quality and commitment of our people. We offer a collaborative work environment where everyone contributes their ideas on working smarter and more efficiently on an ongoing basis. If you have a great work ethic, put your customers first and want to be challenged and grow with a dynamic team, then consider a career with MTB Transit Solutions.
Compensation: MTB Transit Solutions offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package for full-time permanent employees.
As our new General Labourer, you’ll never have a shortage of interesting and variable work. Whether you’re stripping down a highway coach, re-painting a transit bus, or fitting and installing windows, seats, and body panels, you’ll be able to work in the areas where your strengths and interests are. Experience isn’t necessary, as long as you’re flexible, willing to learn, and mechanically inclined.
Your tasks will include:
- Disassembling and re-assembling coach and transit bus components
- Cleaning and preparing buses for delivery back to customers
- Fitting and installing various components on buses
- Using various hand and power tools, including metal brakes, metal shears, band saws, welders, torches, hammers, saws, workshop press and chisels
Working with MTB
We work out of a bright, clean, and modern shop full of state-of-the-art equipment. We have a great working environment that is non-unionized, with many long-term employees. Our people build real careers here, and there is never any shortage of work.
In addition to a great starting wage, you’ll receive benefits, vacation, and paid sick days. If you have minimal experience, but you learn fast and do great work, your income will rise quickly.
- Experience working in an industrial environment
- Good mechanical aptitude or any type of mechanical experience
- Experience using a variety of tools, such as blowtorches, shears, gauges, nail sets, power saws and workshop presses
- Safety oriented mind-set
- Acute attention to detail
- Accountable, professional and an adaptable team player
- Ability to withstand long periods of standing and bending
- Ability to lift heavy equipment and materials, if required
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, if required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 to $27.00 /hour